As a business owner, every transaction you complete can result in either a profit, or a risk.
Protecting your business from the impact of potential customer lawsuits should be the first order of business. And while only a precisely crafted liability insurance policy can shield your business from this expense and stress, it’s usually the last thing business owners handle.
What does business liability cover?
Liability insurance covers the costs of legal fees, including court costs and the resulting award, if any is made. Imagine the peace of mind you’d have being free from worry about the attorney costs as the liability case grinds on—and if you’ve got something to take, the plaintiff’s attorneys will often make sure it does.
New Mexico liability insurance is appropriate for any business that could face potential lawsuits. There are four distinct types that you may need, depending on your business, and your tolerance for risk of financial loss:
- Personal Liability
- Business Liability
- Professional Liability
- Public Liability
There are other risk that may be covered, including:
- Bodily injury should a client trip and fall over your briefcase, or lose footing on a slippery floor, and you’re found legally liable for their injury.
- Property damage and data loss should you accidentally spill coffee on a client’s server that causes data loss, or a tree falls on their car in your parking lot.
- Personal injury should an employee talk to a fellow employee of the shop about one of your clients in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this discussion and sues for slander. We will cover the subsequent claim, up to your General Liability policy’s limits of liability, and pay for an attorney to defend you if necessary.
What General Liability Insurance doesn’t protect
General liability insurance is not designed to protect you from everything. You may need professional liability, directors & officers liability and cyber liability.
You should consider general liability insurance coverage, also called commercial general liability insurance, if either you or your employees:
- Interact with clients face to face. If you make sales calls or visit clients at their place of business, their home, or they visit your location
- Have access to equipment that’s not yours. Business liability is ideal for IT professionals, electricians, other repair or technical servicers.
- Represent your client’s business to other companies.
- Use third-party locations for any business related activities. Business liability can cover architects, designers, wedding planners, etc.
- If you are required to maintain general liability insurance as part of a contract.
Reynolds & Rodar Insurance Group Inc. specializes in covering professional services, and local businesses like yours. We have everything you need right here, including:
- Past work covering unforeseen claims arising from work completed before you were even insured, to a pre-agreed date
- Worldwide coverage as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., one of its territories or Canada
- Claims responsiveness when time is of the essence, especially in the event of an insurance claim
- Tailored coverage for the specific risks of your field and industry
- Knowledgeable agents who provide exceptional, passionate service
- Coverage for contracts satisfying most standard contract insurance requirements
- Fast and simple helpful agents, quick turnaround times to help keep you in business
The Reynolds & Rodar Difference
You may think you want the cheapest insurance you can find, but you do get what you pay for.
While most insurance products are similar in price and function, insurance providers are very different when it comes to structuring a policy that actually covers you.
There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all insurance policy when it comes to your business.
Complete the form on this page now and let the professionals at Reynolds & Rodar Insurance Group Inc. help you protect your business.